Blois-Chambord Greeters are local residents who have willingly volunteered to impart their passion of the villages, towns, and countryside of their region with visitors from all around the world. They enjoy meeting people from all walks of life and from all horizons and each is passionate about some or other aspect of the local life. They are all of different ages and come from all different backgrounds but each one shares the common desire to warmly greet the visitor and impart their enthusiam of the local life, history, culture...
But a Greeter is NOT an official guide ;
Greeters are volunteers who can share the life of their region in a unique, non professional and authentic way, and who will personalise a visit according to the interests and requests of their visitors. The themes of the visits are varied, and are aimed at providing an enriching human exchange of cultures.
These visits are free for visitors. In order to allow the Blois-Chambord Greeters association to best match visitors requests with an available Greeter, please fill in the form which you will find online. A meeting point will then be fixed for the Greeting and the visit.
If you are interested in discovering our region differently, please choose the visit! We will find the greeter.
All Greeters and Greeter destinations share the same core values:
1) Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination
2) Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people
3) Meeting a Greeter is free of charge
4) All visitors and volunteers are welcomed without any kind of discrimination.
5) Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respect natural and man-made environments, bringing both
cultural and economic enrichment to local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
6) Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange; create links between people in creating a better world.
"Blois-Chambord Greeters" trade mark covers a visitor welcome service that stick to definitions and organization / functioning principles established in our Charter. This Charter is built around the original Greeters Core Values which are maintained by Global Greeters Network grouping all Greeters in the World.
Blois-Chambord Greeters - association Loi 1901 - 1 rue Honoré de Balzac - 41000 Blois